Wednesday, January 9, 2013

creepe making

During New Year holiday, I don't want my Year 2012 ended with demotivated emotion and wished to spend my holiday more meaningful, therefore I decided to make creepe because I remembered creepe that we took at Humble Beginnings.
 
I learnt the way to make the dough for creepe from a friend's blog because she looked made a successful creepe. However, I didn't follow her way to make creepe's cream because I got some stock left in my freeze last time when I tried to make macarron.
 
Over all, my creepe tasted fine and SL like it, but I need to have some improvement next time to have it thinner, this actually is challenge because that need to make sure the creepe won't break during turn over the creepe.
 
Here is my recipe for creepe.
 
Ingredients
120g cake flour
10g corn stratch
2 eggs
30g fine sugar
450g milk
 
Directions
1. Sift cake flour and cornstratch together in to a large mixing bowl, then mix milk, eggs and fine sugar in to the mixing bowl and whisk them to be well mix.
2. Sift the flour mixture twice to separate unmixable part.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Leave it cold.
5. Repeat to cook until finish use of flour mixture.
6. Overlap creepe with prepared cream (jam can also be used here) every layer.
7. Put the prepared creepe into freezer to let creepe in position.
 
The cream that I prepared long ago

Flour mixture
 
Cook creepe with pan
 
Wrap the prepared creepe and rest in freezer
 
Oh, my creepe

No comments:

Post a Comment