Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peanut Cookies Making

Last week was long weekend holiday, we had five days off after taking off on Friday, I really enjoyed the holidays and have my Chinese New Year Cookie making over the weekend, peanut cookies was one of them.
 
I baked two batchs of peanut cookie, the first batch wasn't look nice because the cookies flatten and cannot have the normal peanut cookie's shape that we have during Chinese New Year, but which doesn't make me feel satisfation. So, I continue with second batch at night to adjust recipes according to my feeling and I finally have my peanut cookies in good shape though I think it was a little bigger than the cookies that I wanted, anyways it was correct recipes. However, I will try to improve my recipes next time by reducing some sugar and make the shape smaller.
 
Here is recipes that I got from internet.
 
Ingredients
140g peanut
140g cake flour (all purpose flour is good for this as well)
30g corn stratch
100g sugar (can adjust this according to personal favourite)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
120g peanut oil (I adjust the quantity myself on my second try)
1 egg
 
Direction
1. Bake peanuts in oven until peanut's smell spread out, remove peanut's skin and blend them with food processor until it is powdery.
 
2. Put peanut powder, cake/all purpose flour, corn stratch, sugar, salt, baking power and baking soda into the mixing bowl to mix them evenly. Mix peanut oil together with flour mixture and mix them with hand evenly. (I tried to pour peanut oil slowly myself and feel firmness of mixture until I satisfied)
 
3. Make the flour mixture into small piece (follow the size you wish, I would prefer smaller) and put them on parchment paper to avoid cookies stick on pan.
 
4. Stir egg evenly and brush them onto cookies pieces. You may put on a peanut for decoration.
 
5. Bake them in 170C preheat oven for 15 minutes.
 
Tips:
Leave cookies cold on pan before remove them as they are too soft to avoid crack.

 
My failure product, taste is fine but shape doesn't meet my requirement

My well shaped product, but size is a little bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment