Monday, February 4, 2013

second round peanut cookies

After shared my peanut cookies with some friends and collected some comments from them, so I decided to have my peanut cookies a second try for improvement version.
 
Here are comments that I collected:
1. cookies are too big.
2. peanut taste too less.
3. peanut wasn't blended small enough.
 
Besides, I felt troublesome on removing peanut skin, so I decided to buy peeled peanut this time and this saved me a lot of energy and time.
 
Actually, making process was almost same with my first making, but I made some small adjustment on ingredients and make the cookie pieces smaller.
 
Here is my formula:
400g peanut
250g all purpose flour (I increase peanut quantity and reduce flour)
unmeasured peanut oil, I put it according to my hand feeling, it only needs to bind flour mixture together, I think I used less oil than last time.
about 50g corn stratch
around 200g sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
 
However, there is still some defect on my cookies after compare with my friend's. Frist, I thought my cookies are small enough until I saw my friend's because hers are smaller and cute, but I am satisfied with my size this time because it can be done within 1 bite. Second, my peanut flour is still not powdery and they still consider a bit rough, I think this is my food processor limitation, I might need to borrow my friend's blender for a try next time :)
 
My cookies before bake

Hot from oven

Comparison between my first and second batches

Cookies in bottles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment