Tuesday, May 1, 2012

fabric for pant

As my mother is a tailor and she got much experience on fabric, so I always find her when I need to buy a fabric and measurement.

Last time, I asked her how much fabric I needed for a shirt and she told me 1.5 metre for short sleeve and 2 metres for long sleeve and it was correct.

And now, I was thinking to make a pant for SL but am not sure how much fabric to buy, so did I ask my mother and she told me quite some information, now I know a little bit about fabric types.

Normally, we better choose 60 inches width fabric for pant as it is thicker than 45 inches width fabric and we only need 1.25 yards for our size, people might need 2 yards if they fall in big size or 2.5 yards for bigger size.

Besides, mother also advised that we better buy fabric brands of 8888 and Haisofi for pant.

Somehow, I feel regret that I didn't learn some tailoring knowledge from my mum as I thought I never interested on tailoring, sometime thing really will back to our original memory in childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment